Research by topic
Philosophy (Philosophy of Medicine, Philosophy of Science, Ethics)
- La Caze A, Colyvan M. (In Press). A challenge for evidence-based policy. Axiomathes
- La Caze A. (In Press). The hierarchy of evidence and quantum theory. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology
- La Caze A. (2013). Why randomized interventional studies. Journal of Medicine and Philosophy. 38:352–368. Preprint
- La Caze A. (2011). The role of basic science in evidence-based medicine. Biology and Philosophy, 26(1):81–98. Preprint
- La Caze A, Duffull, S. (2011). Estimating risk from underpowered, but statistically significant, studies: Was APPROVe on TARGET? Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics (online first).
- La Caze A, Djulbegovic B, Senn S. (2011). What does randomisation acheive? Evidence-based Medicine (online first).
- La Caze A. (2009). Evidence Based Medicine must be…. Journal of Medicine and Philosophy, 34:509–527. Preprint
- La Caze A. (2008). Evidence Based Medicine can’t be …. Social Epistemology, 22(4):353–370. Preprint
- La Caze A. (2008). A problem for achieving informed choice. Theoretical Medicine and Bioethics, 29:255–265. Preprint
- La Caze A. (2005). Does pharmacogenomics provide an ethical challenge to the utilization of cost-effectiveness analysis by public healthcare systems? Pharmacoeconomics, 23(5):445-7.
- Foot H, La Caze A, Gujral G, Cottrell N. (In Press). The necessity–concerns framework predicts adherence to medication in multiple illness conditions: A meta-analysis *Patient Education and Counselling
- La Caze A, Gujral G, Cottrell N. (2014). How do we better translate adherence research into improvements in patient care? International Journal of Clinical Pharmacy. 36(1):10–14.
- Nguyen T-M-U, La Caze A, Cottrell WN. (2013). What are validated self-report adherence scales really measuring?: a systematic review. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. Forthcoming.
- La Caze A, Gujral G, Cottrell N. (2012). Adherence and beliefs Journal of Pharmacy Practice and Research 42(1):6–7.
Quality Use of Medicines
- Iyer P, McFarland R, La Caze A. (In Press) Expectations and responsibilities regarding the sale of complementary medicines in pharmacies: perspectives of consumers and pharmacy support staff. International Journal of Pharmacy Practice
- Burrows J, Dall’Alba G, La Caze A. (In Press) Becoming pharmacists: Students’ understanding of pharmacy practice at graduation from an Australian University. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning
- Tan A, Emmerton L, Hattingh HL, La Caze A. (2015). Funding issues and options for pharmacists providing sessional services to rural hospitals in Australia Australian Health Review (Online First)
- Niyomnaitham S, Page A, La Caze A, Whitfield K, Smith AJ. (2014). Utilisation trends of rosiglitazone and pioglitazone in Australia before and after safety warnings BMC Health Services Research 14:151.
- Tan A, Emmerton L, Hattingh HL, La Caze A. (2014). Cross-sector, sessional employment of pharmacists in rural hospitals in Australia and New Zealand: a qualitative study exploring pharmacists’ perceptions and experiences. BMC Health Services Research 14:567
- Tio J, La Caze A, Cottrell W. (2007). Ascertaining consumer perspectives on medication information sources using a modified repertory grid technique. Pharmacy World Science, 29:73-80.
- Fiori S, Souzani S, D’Amore R, Behan K, Cutts C, La Caze A. (2005). Support Needs of Supply Nurses in Rural and Remote Queensland. Australian Journal of Rural Health, 13:10-3.
- Cutts C, La Caze A, Tett S. (2003). Variations in demographics and risk factors of patient populations prescribed cyclo-oxygenase-2 selective and non-selective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Journal of Pharmacy Practice and Research, 33(1):70-73.
- Cutts C, La Caze A, Tett S. (2002). A clinical audit of the prescribing of COX-2 inhibitors in Australian general practice. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 54:522-7
- Cutts C, La Caze A. (2002). Using clinical audit to identify and change high-risk NSAID prescribing. Australian Family Physician, 31(6):590-2.